CLEX Chief Investigator Prof Christian Jakob at a recent Monash University STEM talk takes his audience into the world of climate models. It’s a talk that looks under the hood to see what powers modern climate models. Along the way he explains how climate models work, how they project future climates, where the uncertainties lie and digs down into the processes to give an insight into what they really are.
Research brief: Paris target impacts compared using pattern scaling projections and climate model outputs
July 13, 2018
August 18 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
August 21 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
August 22 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Research brief: Climate models under-represent tropical heating variations
- Research brief: MAAT reveals hidden sources of model divergence
- How predictable are land-atmosphere fluxes in different ecosystems?
- Understanding the origin of ENSO diversity for improved forecasts
- Research brief: New technique to select best model subset for extreme projections