WEATHER INTELLIGENCE, BRISBANE
At Weather Intelligence, we help our customers understand how weather can impact on their businesses and develop specialised solutions and tools to help them navigate the weather-related risks. We use our deep understanding of Meteorology, weather forecasting models, data analytics and software development skills to deliver high-value products to the industry.
Weather Intelligence is a newly created startup, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Katestone Environmental Pty. Ltd. Katestone has been operating for 30 years as a specialist in Air Quality consulting and boasts a global footprint.
With customers and projects in the Mining, Energy, Agriculture and Construction markets already secured, we are rapidly growing into the Renewable Energy market sector.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our development team as a Meteorologist – Product Development Scientist.
The ideal candidate will be part of a dynamic team that will develop new products in the growing weather services industry. You will need to be motivated, creative and tech-savvy. You will work with a small development team to implement weather data and weather indices into our products. You will need to keep abreast of developments around the world with respect to weather forecasting and available weather data sources, including numerical weather forecasts, automatic weather stations, climate databases and satellite data.
The ideal candidate would be degree qualified in Meteorology or a related field of science with experience in the following areas:
- Numerical weather forecasting models
- Software development
- Proficient in Python and Shell scripting. SQL and PHP would be an advantage
- Data analytics
- Experience with GRIB and NetCDF files and handling large data sets.
- Solid knowledge in Linux/Unix
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with weather-specific command-line tools (e.g. CDO, NCO)
- Experience with ensemble prediction systems
- Experience conducting data analysis of large datasets, constructing code to perform complex processing and manipulation of gridded atmospheric data
- Experience producing and presenting research results in scientific meetings.
You will be comfortable working in a startup environment and will be comfortable dealing with customers. Attention to detail is a must and experience with Machine Learning will be highly regarded.
Salary negotiable and dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this job email cv and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: COB January 31, 2020