- Take weather prediction with a grain of salt and it gets better. Earth and Space News. April 12. (Dr Caroline Ummenhofer).
- While the rich world braces for future climate change, the poor world is already being devastated by it. CNN. April 1. (Dr Andrew King).
- Mozambique shows how climate change could affect the world’s most vulnerable. CBS 6News, Tech Times, 8KPAX (Montana), Channel 3000, WRAL. March 31. (
- Are more Aussie trees dying of drought? Scientists need your help spotting dead trees. The Conversation. March 27. (
DrMartin de Kauwe).
- High winds take tourist vessel off the water as
stormpasses over. The Mercury (Tasmania). March 25 (Amelie Meyer, CLEX).
- Australia weather El Niño alert: Floods and drought threat soars – Australia on knees. The Express (UK). March 19. (
- Australia’s wool farmers are swapping sheep for grain. Live Kindly. March 17. (Mandy Freund).
- Evidence for man-made global warming hits ‘gold standard’ – scientists. Reuters. March 17. (Prof Nathan Bindoff).
- ‘Monster’ El Niño a chance later this year, pointing to extended dry times. The Age. March 16. (
- ‘Ignored’: climate experts appeal to Berejiklian government. Sydney Morning Herald. March 13. (Prof Andy Pitman).
- Handling the ‘pariah’ policy of climate change. The Mandarin. March 13. (CLEX)
- Sea creatures fled north in record numbers when the warm waters of El Niño and ‘The Blob’ joined forces and triggered a marine heatwave that lasted two years. Daily Mail. March 12. (Neil Holbrook, Eric Oliver).
- Runaway climate change. The Wire 2SER-FM. March 6. (Prof Steve Sherwood)
- Only one-in-a-million chance global warming is not manmade, scientists say. The Independent (UK). February 28. (Prof Nathan Bindoff).
- Evidence for man-made climate change reaches ‘gold standard’. New York Post, February 27. (Prof Nathan Bindoff).
- Evidence for man-made climate change hits gold standard – scientists. Eye Witness News, Yahoo News, The Straits Times, EMTV, Kitco News. February 26. (Prof Nathan Bindoff).
- Evidence for man-made global warming hits ‘gold standard’ level of certainty used to confirm scientific discoveries, experts say – with a one-in-a-million chance they are wrong. Daily Mail UK. February 26. (Prof Nathan Bindoff).
- Evidence of human role in global warming hits
strongeststatistical benchmark; study. Global News. February 25. (Prof Nathan Bindoff).
- ‘Gold standard’ certain climate caused by humans: scientists. ARY News. February 25. (Prof Nathan Bindoff).
- A critically dry town’s ‘magical otherworldly’ solution to sustainable, clean drinking water. ABC News. February 23. (Prof Michael Roderick).
- Here are some gross emails climate scientists got from deniers. Vice. February 17. (
- Slowing climate change could reverse drying in the
sub tropics. The Conversation, Down to Earth. February 12. ( DrAndrew King).
- Australia calls emergency meetings as climate crisis intensifies. Financial Times. February 9. (Prof Andy Pitman).
- ‘A worrying signal’: it’s hot and only going to get hotter. Sydney Morning Herald, Brisbane Times, The Age. February 7. (Dr Andrew King, Dr Ben Henley).
- Last year was Earth’s fourth-hottest on record, scientists confirm. SBSTV. February 7. (Dr Andrew King).
- Fire, drought and flooding rain: it’s time for national action on climate change. The Strategist (ASPI). February 6. (CLEX, Prof Tony Press)
- Mountain marsupial closer to becoming major Aussie climate change extinction. Asia and Pacific. February 3. (Dr Andrew King).
- Ailie Gallant interview on extreme weather and climate change. BBC World News. February 1. (Dr Ailie Gallant).
- Sweltering in the city. Coonamble Times. January 31. (Dr Ailie Gallant).
- Bizarre ‘flying omelette’ cloud rolls over NSW. news.com.au. January 28. (Prof Todd Lane).
- Drought not an automatic result of climate change. Ozewex Newsletter. January 27. (Prof Michael Roderick)
- Australia Day Honours: Expat scientist honoured for work on climate change. North Shore Times, Daily Telegraph. January 25. (Prof Andy Pitman).
- Ailie Gallant interview on urban heatwave effect (listen above). Ross and John. 3AW. January 25. (Dr Ailie Gallant).
- Melbourne and Adelaide night temperatures amplified by heatwaves, study finds. Mirage News. January 25. (Dr Ailie Gallant).
- Weather scientists discover one of the world’s largest hailstones. ABC News. January 23. (Dr Joshua Soderholm).
- Why Antarctica’s sea ice is so low (and, no, it’s not just about climate change). The Conversation. SBSNews, Qrius. January 19. (Dr Julie Arblaster).
- Ocean and wind changes cause Antarctic sea-ice drop to record low. Mirage News. January 18. (Dr Julie Arblaster).
- World’s oceans absorbed the same amount of heat last year as 150 million ‘Little Boy’ atomic bombs that destroyed Hiroshima. Daily Mail Australia. January 17. (Dr Eric Oliver, Prof Neil Holbrook)
- Australia sweltering through heatwave. The Morning Show, Channel 7. January 15. (Dr Sarah Perkins-Kirkpatrick)
- William Whewell – coined osmosis, conductivity, ion and scientst! The Science Show (ABC – listen above). January 12. (Prof Andy Pitman).
- Lessons learnt (and perhaps forgotten) from Australia’s ‘worst fires’. Sydney Morning Herald. January 11. (Dr Joelle Gergis)
- Stunning mammary clouds blanket the skies of Sydney leaving locals stunned by the rare weather phenomenon. Daily Mail Australia. January 2. (Dr Joshua Soderholm).