Five of the nation’s leading fire weather experts discuss Black Saturday and the decade of research since—which has changed the way we forecast and respond to current and future bushfire events.
Note: this event follows the AMOS Annual General Meeting (5:00pm to 5:45pm).
Format: 1.5hr: 4x10min talks, 30mins Q&A
- Professor Michael Reeder (Monash University) – Meteorology for the day, why was it so severe? Was it different to other bush fire events?
- Dr Mika Pearce (Bureau of Meteorology) – Historical perspective/What we have we learnt since Black Saturday
- Dr Paul Fox-Hughes (Bureau of Meteorology) – What developments came out of this event (Fire Danger Rating system)
- Dr Sarah Harris (CFA) – Emergency Services Perspective, Operationalising Research
- TBC (Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC)