- This event has passed.
International Women’s Day 2020 – Women in Collaborative Leadership
3 March 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
VCCC Monday Lunch Live
As we begin a new decade, Australian company boards remain dominated by men, with female representation still sitting at less than 30 per cent. That’s not the case at the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) alliance, where women make up the majority of Board Members and committee chairs. Indeed, most of these women are CEOs of their home institutions.
Over the past few years, the VCCC alliance has grown from a fledgling concept to a dynamic, collaborative force that is changing the way we tackle cancer in Victoria.
To mark International Women’s Day 2020 please join us for a special forum with some inspiring women as they discuss the qualities needed by leaders in collaborative environments to drive innovation and culture change.
How do we define good leadership in the 21st century? Can women guide us into a new era of positive, collaborative leadership?
Professor Linda Kristjanson AO, VCCC Chairperson, Vice-Chancellor Swinburne University.
- Ms Sophy Athan, Chair, VCCC Cancer Consumer Advisory Committee
- Dr Shelley Dolan, CEO Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre; VCCC Board Member
- Associate Professor Kylie Mason, Consultant Haematologist and Clinician Researcher, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, The Royal Melbourne Hospital; Clinical Associate Professor, Sir Peter MacCallum Department of Oncology, University of Melbourne, Senior Research Fellow University of Sydney; Chair, VCCC Cancer Education and Training Advisory Committee
- Dr Sue Matthews, CEO The Royal Women’s Hospital; VCCC Board Member
- MC: Professor Grant McArthur, VCCC Executive Director
- PresentersProfessor Linda Kristjanson